Review: Gillette Venus & Olay Razor

I am always apprehensive about using new razors. My skin is very sensitive on every point of my body. However, when I had the opportunity to try out the new Gillette Venus & Olay Razor through Influenster's Love VoxBox program for free, I jumped on it.

I had to wait a couple of days to get nice and hairy... I do it for you... as I had just shaved. The weather was nice, give me a break. So, when I was good and sasquatchy, I lit a candle, dimmed the lights, ran a nice hot bath and ripped open my new Gillette Venus & Olay Razor.

This thing rocks! After skin prep with only body wash and no shaving cream, it glided across my legs with very little effort. The only thing better would to have someone else do it for me... they might look into it, but packaging might be a bit difficult. The whole shaving process was quick and I had very little worry about nicks (a huge fear of mine.) Just between you and me, I even went higher on my legs than I usually do. I'm so naughty. The moisture bar that surrounds the head of the razor, kept my legs soft and my skin moist even after the razor had done it's job.


Yet, there was still one final test... my armpits. Not that my underarm area is gross or anything, but I do have a nasty biopsy scar that larger headed razors have a hard time navigating with out me grinding the razor deep into my skin. My 'normal' underarm was a breeze. None of the immediate afterburn that other razors tend to give. Now, for the Frankenpit. Amazingly, it had no trouble at all and it didn't irritate the scar!

I adore this razor! It passed not only the sasquatch test, but the Frankenpit test, as well. Hours after shaving, I was still stroking my legs. They were so soft and hairless! I have always been pleased with both Gillette and Olay products, so this was destined to be a win... and very much is in my book!


Where to Buy
A refillable Venus & Olay with one replacement cartridge sells for approximately $8.99-$10.99. Packages of three replacement cartridges are available for about $14.99 - $19.49.
Venus & Olay is available now at your local grocery store.

Comments