Review: Truvía® natural sweetener

Every morning... so often in fact, I don't remember doing it half the time... I start a pot of coffee. Pour a cup. Open four of those little pink sweetener packets. Add a splash of milk. Then I can face the day. I've always been iffy on the sweetener, however. Maybe scarring from when I read 'tested on lab mice' on the packets when I was a child. Who knows.

So, when Influenster offered a complimentary sample of Truvia Natural Sweetener in their Love Vox Box, I thought this might be the opportunity to drink my coffee without worrying about an ear sprouting up on the my back. (Who doesn't get that mental picture when you hear about lab testing on mice? Is it just me?)

Yesterday morning, I remember waking up, getting the kids up and walking the dogs, and amazingly somewhere in there I started the pot of coffee. I grabbed my box of Truvia and drug butt over to the table. Poured the cup. Opened four packets of Truvia. Added a splash of milk. Sipped. Wow, it was sweet! It was so much like sugar, I didn't need anywhere as much as I used. Then I read up on it. "One packet provides the same sweetness as two teaspoons of sugar." (Note to self: Read the information first.)

Pondering my very, very sweet cup of coffee, there was not the funny aftertaste that I usually get with my sweetener. It really tasted like sugar, and at 75% less calories than sugar, I didn't fret how many packets I used. Even better, a day later and there is no ear sprouting up on my back.

Needless to say, this morning I corrected my ratio of Truvia to coffee and enjoyed every last drop without any guilt. This product will replace artificial sweetener in my home and a cannot wait to try it in baking.


Where to Buy
Truvía® natural sweetener is available nationally at most major retailers and in package sizes of 40-count, 80-count, 140-count and a spoonable jar. 

Comments